Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blog Info

At the moment I'm typing this I've signed up with Blogger for 2 years and 3 months as I was a co-contributor author at another blog (mediamaxusers.blogspot.com more on that in my personal info).

This blog itself though I have for about a year now, but never got around to do something with it, but recently kicked myself in the ass to get a move on with it. To be honest, the first couple of months I spend trying to decide on a lay-out and tinkering with it mainly in the form of simple scripting. Yeah, I'm a cut and paste artist to the bone. If you want to see how things are really done I all invite you to take a look at this one cartoonleap.

The base lay-out I got from here pimp-my-profile but since then it's been fairly modified true lots and lots AND LOTS of trial and error (especially error I might add). In no particular order:

- altered the dimensions of the page elements
- added my own menu bar
- made some adjustments to make the Blognavbar hide itself (doesn't work properly in MSIE though)
- replaced the standard archive with a neater one
- added a recent comment script (like I'm going to need that)
- replaced the standard comment page with one that has the same theme as the main page

With a little help from the google support helper forums and at times the authors of the scripts I was using I managed to get it to look and work as it does now. In case you're an as clueless idiot as I am with this kind of stuff I VERY much recommend you setup 2 blogs with the 2nd one being the place you test out your modifications first. Believe me, you'll thank me later.

Oh, almost forgot. The pictures that I put in posts are usually bigger then they appear, but a script auto shrinks them to make them fit into the confines of the page. You can click on them tough to see their actual size.

0 comments:

Post a Comment